Monday, January 21, 2013

Didi's birthday surprise

Alright so Adilah has turned 18! She's the first one among us to turn 18. I am still in disbelief that I'm actually turning 18 this year. Time flies so scarily fast. The 711 family and I had actually planned a week before Adilah's birthday that we were gonna give her a birthday surprise! We created a WhatsApp group to make communication easier. We decided to have a potluck/picnic at Sentosa's Palawan Beach. Since we wanted it to be a surprise, we cracked our brains thinking how to make a successful birthday surprise.

Finally, we came up with a final plan. On 20th January which was yesterday, I would go shopping at Vivo with Adilah. Thank God Adilah said she had no other plans on that day therefore she could make it. She was curious though that I only asked her out. I lied saying everyone else was busy or just too lazy. I could tell she was slightly disappointed. The rest would actually head to Sentosa earlier to find a nice spot and get stuff ready. I took the train from Pasir Ris and Adilah hopped on at Bedok. So as we were in the train she was telling me how annoyed she is that everyone was lazy. Let me quote some of her words "screw them, they say they miss us but they don't make time for us" or something like that. I actually changed Adib's contact name in my phone to "Cik Juni" so that Adilah wouldn't suspect anything. We went in Forever 21, Adilah grabbed a few tops for me and I actually tried them on so that she won't be suspicious. I was suppose to be '"shopping" but I actually found a top really cute, Adilah said it looked nice on me so I bought it in the end which was not suppose to be the plan actually which was really funny. She then bought a few stuff from Topshop. She was really eager to shop. 

After 30 minutes of shopping, I got a call from this "Cik Juni" which has a picnic at Sentosa therefore she invited me and Adilah over. Adilah hesitated because she really wanted to shop and her EZlink has insufficient fund but when I mentioned free food, she agreed. I paid for her pass to Sentosa and we were off to Palawan Beach. We arrived and my "relatives" weren't located at the mat. Adilah was puzzled. I kept trying to distract her by pointing at how happy people were playing beach volleyball. The rest came forward from their hiding places and we surprised her with party poppers! She was surprised! Project Adilah's birthday surprise = success. 

It was gloomy and drizzling at Sentosa but we didn't let that get into our way and still managed to enjoy soaking in the sea, attempting to catch a fish that we spotted near us, build failed sandcastles with plastic cups, tried Haziq's first attempt of mee goreng, Filzah's rainbow cupcakes, Adib's pasta, my fried finger foods and ice lemon tea. After a satisfying time at the beach, we then headed to Al-Azhar for a tasty open table dinner! Thanks Umi for the treat and the ride home! I definitely had an amazing day!

























No comments: