Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Date to marry

I've finished the two seasons of The Carrie Diaries in less than 3 days. I'm that obsessed. I first came to know about this drama when I was in the flight to Istanbul in May last year. They had 3 episodes of TCD so I watched it and I loved it. I never really had the time and didn't know where I could watched it online but I've finally found a reliable link. I really enjoy watching this drama because I feel like I could relate to it so well. The stars in drama are flawless. Austin Butler and Annasophia Robb make such a good pair. My current OTP. I actually learnt a lot from this drama so I thought why not blog about it. Here are some of my favourite quotes from the drama:

  1. "Rule number three: Best friends always think you deserve the best guy even if the best guy barely knows you exist"
  2. "A guy who is crazily, madly in love with you. A guy who sees how incredible and amazing you are, even though you're not the cheerleader or even close to the prettiest girl in the school. A guy who thinks you're beautiful, just the way you are"
  3. "The world is full of people who all want the same thing, and you have to do a little something extra to make them remember you"
  4. "Who am I supposed to be again? Just be yourself. But who am I?"
  5. "If you smile, even if you're feeling bad, the action of the muscles will trick your brain into thinking that you're happy"
  6. "If a woman could take care of herself, would she still need a man? Would she even want one? And if she didn't want a man, what kind of woman would she be? Would she even be a woman? Because it seemed if you were a woman, the only thing you were really supposed to want was a man"
#6 one got me thinking a lot. Girls, quoted from Pussycat Dolls, you don't need a man to make it happen! Being alone never bothered me, but yes the sight of everyone else embracing their partners leave me a little lonely. But I am okay with that because I know good things happen to those who wait and I really believe in "date to marry" so yes I'm cool. It's just my two cents but it makes me upset when girls continue crushing on guys who doesn't give a shit about them. I've been through that personally. I wasted my 2 years and I even got gifts on this boy who is obviously just taking advantage to me. I look back now and I have so much regrets. But what is done, is done. 

I may put up a strong upfront but I am honestly weak. If you're being nice to me, there's a 2139120481941% chance I'll probably develop a tiny crush on you and that is bad. I must say I'm improving. I'm no longer that kind of girl. I hope this will stay in a long run.

I aim to be like Carrie Bradshaw.

No comments: